Please note that I'm going against my own previous advice here, as I haven't finished reading every one of these books from cover to cover (
NOTE: One Anonymous poster pointed out that there's more material missing from the Google Book Search selections than at first appeared. I've had to remove those books, but you can search their selection through the link provided.
Without further ado, I present to you the 7 best free programming books that I could find online. Enjoy.
- Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
- Thinking in Java (3rd ed.)
- Thinking in C++ (2nd ed.)
- Algorithms and Complexity
- How to Think Like a Computer Scientist(Learning with C++)
- Programming Ruby (1st ed.)
- Dive Into Python
I'd also certainly be interested to learn of any other free online book resources that anyone can recommend.
Even More Free Programming Books